As the summer season sets in, shops get busier and trade increases. As a sandwich shop owner, you need to be ready both for more custom and the risk this brings. Owners of shops of any kind, especially one serving food, you need adequate insurance in place. Sandwich shop insurance policies are tailored exactly to your needs and ensure you are protected financially against a range of unexpected eventualities.
Sandwich shop insurance takes into account that you deal with the public, may run a commercial kitchen with sharp utensils and equipment and also have employees. Insurance policies typically include:
- Public liability insurance
- Employers’ liability insurance
- Content and stock cover
- Goods in Transit cover
- Business interruption cover
There may be additional insurances you want to consider such as food hygiene ratings insurance and each policy will be tailored to the unique nature of your business.
Why do you need Sandwich Shop Insurance?
Most types of insurance are not a legal requirement. However, it is dangerous and risky to work without insurance in place. As a shop owner there are a range of financial risks you should mitigate against. From theft to electrical faults causing stock spoilage, footing the bill after an emergency is not something any business wants to do.
Protecting yourself from financial loss is the most sensible thing to do as a business looking to succeed and prosper. Only employers’ liability insurance is a legal requirement. The other types help guarantee your business financially should an unexpected accident, injury or event occur. It is worth remembering should a member of the public or third party make a claim against your business due to an accident or injury, there is the risk of both compensation payments and legal costs. Without insurance most small businesses find this kind of financial burden too hard to deal with.
Sandwich Shop Insurance Quotes with Just Quote Me
Just Quote Me is proud to be a business insurance specialist. We support and advise many businesses in their options for insurance, including sandwich shop owners. We appreciate the individual nature of all businesses and are ready and waiting to discuss your requirements and help find the right sandwich shop insurance quotes for you. Contact us today to begin your application.
Running your own café business comes with many responsibilities. You may be the heart of your local community or an up and coming venue for the local arts scene, but whatever type of café you run, you have to run it legally. Café insurance is designed to protect your business should a number of financial issues occur. It is made up of a range of different types of insurance to cover you in many different situations.
Café insurance quotes come in all shapes and sizes, much like the businesses themselves. Whether you’re an experienced business owner or opening your first café ever, café insurance doesn’t need to be an issue. With Just Quote Me you can compare quotes online, speak to our business insurance experts and guarantee a good level of café insurance for your business.
What kind of cover is included in Café Insurance?
All insurers will offer slightly different policies so it is important to look closely and compare quotes online to find what’s right for your business. Typically café insurance may include:
- Public liability insurance: not a compulsory requirement for your business but highly recommended. This provides cover should a member of the public be hurt on your business’ premises as a result of your actions or negligence.
- Employer’s liability insurance: this is the only compulsory insurance for businesses in the UK. You must have employer’s liability insurance to operate legally. It provides cover should a member of your staff be hurt or become ill while at work or due to their working practices.
- Buildings and content cover: as commercial premises you cannot simply get a regular buildings insurance policy. This is especially the case as you serve food. You need buildings and contents insurance specifically designed for cafes.
- Stock cover: the stock required to run a busy café can be extensive and you may want to protect it due to its value to your business. If your systems should fail and you lose stock due to refrigerators or freezers breaking down.
Additional insurances such as business interruption and key personnel insurance may also be considerations for your business. Café insurance can differ from business to business and you simply need to consider your individual business and your requirements. If you have even a single employee you must have employer’s liability insurance in place but all other insurances are your choice and it is up to you how much you value your business and how you plan to protect it.
Just Quote Me is available to help you compare café insurance quotes online and can discuss your options with you too.
Contact us to find out more about Cafe Insurance:
Go to our online Quote System or call us on 0800 084 2325