Select Page
Overseas Holiday Home Insurance

Overseas Holiday Home Insurance

With overseas holiday home insurance, you can relax and have peace of mind, even if you are not there. Holiday home insurance is vital to protect your building and contents, much like a normal home insurance policy. However, when you have a holiday home that is abroad, you need a specialist insurance policy.

Overseas holiday home insurance helps to protect you from the financial burden of property damage. It can also provide cover if your offer your holiday home for family use. Furthermore, you can find overseas holiday home insurance that covers your home if you let your property out to holidaymakers.

Why Do I Need Overseas Holiday Home Insurance?

When your holiday home is abroad, you need peace of mind that it will be protected, even if you aren’t in the same country. Overseas home insurance provides peace of mind as well as simplifying the process of insuring a home abroad. Furthermore, it gives you just as much protection as you give to your primary residence.

What Can I Include In Overseas Holiday Home Insurance?

You can tailor your overseas property insurance to suit your exact needs and requirements. Your policy may need to include certain products if you plan to rent out your home to holidaymakers. However, if your holiday home is just for your sole use, then you may not need cover for the loss of rent, for example. Some of the aspects that you may wish to add to your policy include;

  • Loss of rent and alternative accommodation cover (should something happen when you rent the property out)
  • Emergency travel expenses
  • Public liability insurance
  • Accidental damage for glass and sanitary ware
  • Personal possessions while away from home.

Do you have questions about Overseas Holiday Home Insurance?

Call Just Quote Me for FREE on 0800 084 2325 or get a quote online using our Quick Quote Form.

Holiday Home Insurance

Holiday Home Insurance

If you enjoy time away in your own holiday home, then you’ll need holiday home insurance to protect it if anything goes wrong. Holiday home insurance protects your getaway when you are staying there, and when you not.

A holiday home is vulnerable to the same risks as your own home. It may suffer from flooding. Alternatively, it may suffer from roof damage. As well as the building of your holiday home being at risk, the contents may also be at risk of damage or theft. Your holiday home insurance is there to protect both your buildings and contents.

Why Do I Need Holiday Home Insurance?

While holiday home insurance is similar to a standard home insurance policy in what it covers, there is a critical difference. Standard home insurance policies will be invalid if the property is empty for over 30 days a year. Your holiday home is likely to be vacant for 30 days in a year, which will mean it needs a specific insurance policy to ensure it remains valid.

If you also rent out your holiday home, then your insurance policy will need to cover this aspect of your business. You can tailor your holiday home insurance to your needs. As well as covering your contents and buildings, it can also include the loss of rent and public liability too.

What Can I Include In Holiday Home Insurance?

Building cover is usually part of the policy as standard, but other aspects you may see in a policy include;

  • Contents insurance
  • Emergency travel cover
  • Personal possessions insurance (for items that you store outside of the home)
  • 24-hour helpline.

All policies will vary in what they offer. It is essential to state exactly what you want your plan to include and also read the small print carefully.

Do you have questions about Holiday Home Insurance?

Call Just Quote Me for FREE on 0800 084 2325 or get a quote online using our Quick Quote Form.