Select Page
Overseas Holiday Home Insurance

Overseas Holiday Home Insurance

With overseas holiday home insurance, you can relax and have peace of mind, even if you are not there. Holiday home insurance is vital to protect your building and contents, much like a normal home insurance policy. However, when you have a holiday home that is abroad, you need a specialist insurance policy.

Overseas holiday home insurance helps to protect you from the financial burden of property damage. It can also provide cover if your offer your holiday home for family use. Furthermore, you can find overseas holiday home insurance that covers your home if you let your property out to holidaymakers.

Why Do I Need Overseas Holiday Home Insurance?

When your holiday home is abroad, you need peace of mind that it will be protected, even if you aren’t in the same country. Overseas home insurance provides peace of mind as well as simplifying the process of insuring a home abroad. Furthermore, it gives you just as much protection as you give to your primary residence.

What Can I Include In Overseas Holiday Home Insurance?

You can tailor your overseas property insurance to suit your exact needs and requirements. Your policy may need to include certain products if you plan to rent out your home to holidaymakers. However, if your holiday home is just for your sole use, then you may not need cover for the loss of rent, for example. Some of the aspects that you may wish to add to your policy include;

  • Loss of rent and alternative accommodation cover (should something happen when you rent the property out)
  • Emergency travel expenses
  • Public liability insurance
  • Accidental damage for glass and sanitary ware
  • Personal possessions while away from home.

Do you have questions about Overseas Holiday Home Insurance?

Call Just Quote Me for FREE on 0800 084 2325 or get a quote online using our Quick Quote Form.

Holiday Home Insurance

Holiday Home Insurance

If you enjoy time away in your own holiday home, then you’ll need holiday home insurance to protect it if anything goes wrong. Holiday home insurance protects your getaway when you are staying there, and when you not.

A holiday home is vulnerable to the same risks as your own home. It may suffer from flooding. Alternatively, it may suffer from roof damage. As well as the building of your holiday home being at risk, the contents may also be at risk of damage or theft. Your holiday home insurance is there to protect both your buildings and contents.

Why Do I Need Holiday Home Insurance?

While holiday home insurance is similar to a standard home insurance policy in what it covers, there is a critical difference. Standard home insurance policies will be invalid if the property is empty for over 30 days a year. Your holiday home is likely to be vacant for 30 days in a year, which will mean it needs a specific insurance policy to ensure it remains valid.

If you also rent out your holiday home, then your insurance policy will need to cover this aspect of your business. You can tailor your holiday home insurance to your needs. As well as covering your contents and buildings, it can also include the loss of rent and public liability too.

What Can I Include In Holiday Home Insurance?

Building cover is usually part of the policy as standard, but other aspects you may see in a policy include;

  • Contents insurance
  • Emergency travel cover
  • Personal possessions insurance (for items that you store outside of the home)
  • 24-hour helpline.

All policies will vary in what they offer. It is essential to state exactly what you want your plan to include and also read the small print carefully.

Do you have questions about Holiday Home Insurance?

Call Just Quote Me for FREE on 0800 084 2325 or get a quote online using our Quick Quote Form.

Why Do You Need Specialist Holiday Home Insurance?

Why Do You Need Specialist Holiday Home Insurance?

Many people in the UK have a second home or property used for holidays and breaks away from it all. As a home in its own right, many think standard home insurance is enough to protect their second property, but this often isn’t the case. Holiday homes require unique holiday home insurance cover, as there are caveats to second homes which differ from your main property.

Standard home insurance usually excludes properties which are empty for 30 days a year or more. In the case of holiday homes this is almost always true which is why specialist holiday home insurance is necessary.

Holiday Home Insurance Cover

Holiday home insurance should provide the same protection as regular home insurance. Buildings cover will protect you against the cost of repairs and rebuilding should it be damaged due to fire, storm, flooding and/or related subsidence. Holiday home insurance policies may also include:

  • Emergency helpline and travel cover
  • Personal possessions cover
  • Contents cover

This is the case both abroad and in the UK. Be aware costs of premiums will vary dependent on the location of your holiday home.

It is important to look closely at policies as holiday home insurance often have exclusions. These include exclusions for properties which are on long-term let, have solar panels and those which have watercraft or boats within the boundaries of the home.

Holiday Letting Insurance

Things change for your holiday home if you let it out when not using it yourself. If you’re planning on letting your property then you’ll need further elements to your holiday home insurance. These include covers such as public liability protection, protection against loss of rent and accidental damage cover. You may also want additions such as alternative accommodation cover should an emergency situation occur and employer’s liability insurance if you employ people to work at the property such as cleaners, concierge or similar.

At Just Quote Me we work with many different property owners. We recognise holiday home insurance can be confusing for homeowners and we’re only too happy to help. Get in touch today to discuss your circumstances and cover options.