Select Page
Landlords Invited To Talks With Government

Landlords Invited To Talks With Government

Bodies representing landlords have been invited to high-level talks with government ministers about the future of the private rental sector (PRS).

The government has proposed a ‘Renter’s Reform Bill’ that would see an end to Section 21 repossessions – so called ‘no fault’ evictions. It is now planning a white paper on the sector and National Residential Landlords Association (NRLA) chief executive Ben Beadle is among those invited to talks to discuss what the legislation might entail.

Property investors looking for a landlord insurance quote may be very interested in the outcome, as such cover can include protection against a loss of rental income from tenants who fail to pay or cause other costs to be incurred.

Discussing the meetings ahead, Mr Beadle commented that the changes the government has previously signalled represented “some of the biggest changes to the private rented sector in 30 years”.

He added: “It is therefore vital the Government ensures reforms are fair and workable for both landlords and tenants and we will be working with Ministers to make sure that is the case.”

Mr Beadle noted that one of the original proposals mooted two years ago was a strengthening of the right of landlords to evict tenants when they have a legitimate reason to do so, something he wants to see retained in any new legislation. He also called for a “tenant-landlord conciliation service” to resolve disputes.

The issue of evictions has come back on the agenda this month after the Covid-related ban on them was lifted in England.

While many tenants have been unable to pay rent due to the financial impact of the pandemic, landlords have also been unable to evict those who have failed to pay without good reason.

The NRLA has joined a number of other bodies in calling for government financial help to help both landlords and renters who have been struggling financially because of the pandemic and the consequent inability to pay the rent.

Landlord Insurance

Landlord Insurance

Landlord Insurance For an Instant quote click below! Insurance Packages We Offer Choose the type of Insurance you need from the list below and get an instant quote Residential Let Property Insurance Residential Unoccupied Insurance Undergoing Works Insurance Holiday...
Compare Cheap Landlord Insurance Quotes

Compare Cheap Landlord Insurance Quotes

Are you a landlord and looking for an insurance quote?

There are so many benefits to protecting your property with landlords insurance and so it’s surprising that so many landlords are still without it.

When you rent out your property, you’re leaving it in the hands of your tenants. Leaving other people to look after your biggest asset can be worrying and landlords insurance can help to give you peace of mind that your property and its contents are covered.

Buy Landlord Insurance Cover Online Today

Just Quote Me is a leading UK insurance company that can help you to find the right policy to meet your needs. We’ve worked with hundreds of businesses over the years and our service has always been met with praise from our satisfied customers.

Just Quote Me believes that insurance should be tailored to a company’s needs in order for it to provide adequate protection when they need it most.

FREE Landlord Insurance quote

If you would like a FREE Landlord Insurance quote that’s tailored to your unique needs, call Just Quote Me on 0800 084 2325 or use our Quick Quote form.

Landlords Insurance in the UK

Landlords Insurance in the UK

Are you a landlord in need of landlords insurance?

If so then check out what is on offer from Just Quote Me today. Just Quote Me is one of  the UK’s leading insurance comparison websites and as such it should be your first port of call when you’re looking to find landlords insurance that meets your specific needs.

All to often, landlords purchase generic insurance only to find that it doesn’t provide them with adequate cover when they need it most. If you’re a UK Landlord then visit Just Quote Me today.

When you’re looking to protect your property and your contents, landlords insurance is a necessity. It can cover you against financial losses associated with your rental property and can provide you with much needed peace mind when other people are living in your house or flat.

Our policies cover Buildings Insurance, Landlords Contents Insurance, Property Owners Liability as standard we can also cover rent guarantee, Employers Liability Insurance, cover for residential or commercial properties or a mixture of both, in fact any rental property can be covered via our fantastic quote systems!

Just Quote Me has been a leader in its field for the past 30 years and as such it has built up a robust customer base that continues to grow and expand. To get an instant quote for landlords insurance, simply input your information on the form on the website or call 0800 084 2325 to speak to one of the team.

To Compare Landlord Insurance Quotes Online:

Go to our online Quote System or call us for FREE on 0800 084 2325

Landlords Insurance in the UK

Five reasons why you may not be paid out for Landlords Insurance claims

Landlord Insurance

Landlords have a touch enough job as it is, often holding down a nine to five career whilst, at the same time, doing their best to keep on top of their sometimes unruly tenants!

The last thing that any owner letting property needs is to have a problem with one of their properties that then requires expensive repairs or other remediation works.

This would only be made worse for them if they thought they had insurance in place to cover the risk but then found out that, due to a policy exclusion or similar wording, they were not covered!

It can be an expensive lesson to learn for some property owners!

Such a situation can be a hard and expensive lesson to learn for some Landlords so, to help them avoid an unsuccessful insurance claim in the future, we thought it would be prudent to share the major issues we know of, that may result in such a claim being denied!

So then, without further ado, here are our top five reasons that result in Landlords Insurance Claims not being settled.

  1. Your tenant sublets your property

In the case where your property is sub-let by your primary tenant renting out accommodation to sub-tenants your landlord insurance could be void. This means that you would not be covered if you were to make an insurance claim.

This means effectively that, in this type of case, even though you have been accepted for cover, the policy exclusions will mean that you are still not covered by your insurance provider.

  1. You have an unoccupied property

Another policy exclusion would be one that has a clause stating, for instance, that you are not covered if your property remains unoccupied for more than 45 days. This period of time can of course vary depending on the provider. If you have gaps between your properties tenancies due to your tenant not being able to move in for a month or two then you need to consider this important factor carefully.

  1. You have an unusual property

You will often find that when you first sign-up to purchase a policy, that you will often have to agree that your rental property is of standard construction. This refers to the fact that normally, it would be constructed from brick or stone walls under a standard tiled or slate roof.

In those unusual cases where you have a property that was built with a timber frame, pre-fabricated sections, or perhaps has a concrete construction, then you may not be able to agree to such a clause.

You must tread carefully because, should you not have a standard type of construction that you have already agreed to, then you will not be covered. Honesty is always the best policy when it comes to arranging cover.

  1. Be careful if you are performing major renovation work

Some insurance policies will have a limit on the amount of renovation work that you can perform whilst still maintaining your policy cover. Reputable companies policies will, for instance, cover a property that’s undergoing renovation work up to say a total of £250,000. Some may be higher than this figure and some may be lower, always be sure to check the small print to see what it includes and excludes.

  1. Do you let a flat-roofed property?

When you are arranging your cover, you may be asked if a certain amount, or percentage, of your roof, is flat. This can be a problem when obtaining insurance, particularly for those properties with a completely flat roof.

The other thing to bear in mind is that some roofs will have varying types of construction. If in any doubt you should discuss these matters with your insurance provider to help mitigate your own risk.

Make sure that you have got it all covered!

It is, as we said before, important to be as honest as possible disclosing anything that you think is pertinent to your cover policy. If you do not do this, this is when you may have trouble when you need to be getting a claim paid out.

We are always ready here at Just Quote Me, on hand to answer any of your Landlords Insurance related questions.

Compare Landlord Insurance:

Go to our online Quote System or call us on 0800 084 2325


Compare Cheap Landlord Insurance Quotes

Compare Landlord Insurance Quotes Online

Landlord Insurance Quotes

If you are a landlord then you will most likely already know that you need to cover the risk of any potential loss resulting from your property letting activities. The problem is that there are a few barriers to obtaining this type of cover which you may or may not be aware of already.  At Just Quote Me we can help you Compare Landlord Insurance Quotes Online.

Being turned down for landlord insurance is really not what you want to hear when you are a busy property owner with many other things to worry about!  We have an online quote system for all your landlord insurance quotes – so why not try it out today or give us a call for FREE on 0800 084 2325.

Looking for Landlord Insurance but been refused insurance cover before?  See some of the reasons below…

The most obvious reason for being refused insurance will often be the simple fact that you were refused insurance in the past.

For businesses providing cover, this is of course a simple way for them to mitigate their risk, filtering out those potential new customers that have been deemed to be too high a risk in the past!

Should this be the case with your property then check the small print of the policy with your provider. You need to be certain that you do have insurance in place, whatever the case may be.

Is your rental property secure from break-ins?

You will often be asked when you are arranging property insurance about the type of locks that you have got installed in your front door. You may also be asked to guarantee that all of your properties windows can be locked with a key. Naturally, it is most sensible to fit locks to your doors and windows that comply with the highest security standards, for peace of mind if nothing else.

The thing is, you may not know that your insurance request may be declined if you do not comply with the relevant security standard that the Insurance provider has chosen to adhere to.

Again, check the policy detail to see exactly what the requirements actually are, do not just sign-up blindly to anything!

You should have put formal tenancy agreements in place

In this day and age, the vast majority of insurance companies will require their landlord customers to have signed formal tenancy agreements with their rental properties tenants. If you do not already have tenancy agreements in place then, again, check with your provider.

In certain cases, cover may still be possible, for example if you are renting to family or friends, but so check first.

Declared bankrupt or have a Credit history with CCJ’s (County Court Judgement’s)?

Should you have been declared bankrupt or had any CCJ’s issued against you, then you may find that it is not possible to arrange landlord cover. This however depends on the cover provider. It is still possible to arrange a policy. If in doubt, contact us today and we will explain exactly what is possible. 

Still a little confused about arranging Landlord cover?

So there you have it, several examples of the sometimes unexpected issues that can crop up and get in the way of you being able to arrange the cover that you need in order to cover the risks that you face as a property owner letting out their accommodation.

We will always go the extra mile to make sure that you obtain the cover that you need. Simply get in touch with our friendly team at Just Quote Me and let us show you how we are different!

To get a FREE no obligation Landlord Insurance quote:

Go to our online Quote System or call us on 0800 084 2325

Compare Cheap Landlord Insurance Quotes

Compare Landlord Insurance Quotes

Landlords Insurance is a different type of Insurance to standard Home Buildings and contents Insurance, standard Home Insurance policies do not cover many of the contingencies required by Landlords Insurance.

There are various specific unique insurance covers needed such as Property Owners Liability Insurance, this is cover for the Landlord or Property Owner. This will cover for injury to the general Public as part of the Landlords buildings Insurance. A common claim could be, for instance, where a loose roof tile comes off in a storm and hits either a third party person or third party’s property. In such a case it is then that Property Owners Liability Insurance, which is part of the covers JustQuoteMe Landlords Insurance provides, comes into its own.

How do you compare Landlords Insurance quotes and what does it cover?

First of all, compare the small print detail of the Landlords Insurance. Look at each individual section of the policy and compare your shortlisted policies side by side.

Another cover section that is unique to Landlords Insurance or Property Owners Insurance is that this type of Insurance cover helps with Loss Of Rent.

Quite often, during a major loss, the landlord or property owner can be left waiting to get repairs effected and will be in the hands of builders until the repair work is completed. It is one thing to rebuild the property, or repair property damage, but what about the loss of rental income during this period? Well this is where this cover section can prove to be invaluable for property owners and landlords. It means that any of our clients, with Landlords Insurance and Property Owners Insurance cover, can continue with their lives whilst the bricks and mortar are replaced!

And what about the all-important buildings sum insured amount you may ask? Well, what on earth do you, as a landlord seeking property owners insurance, set the sum insured to? Here is a bit of a tip regarding the buildings sum insured – it should be set for the cost of any potential rebuild and not the saleable value of the property!

Remember, a property in for instance London, may sell for ten times the value of a property in the North of the UK, but the rebuild cost is virtually the same. It is the same give or take the varying builders rates in different areas, so be careful when setting the building sum insured! Make sure that it covers just the rebuild cost. We would also always advise a contingency of, say 15%, on top of that figure for debris removal too. This is because the builders will have to clear the site before they can actually make a start and commence the rebuild!

Our Property Owners Insurance and Landlord Insurance Cover

Our unique Landlords Insurance can also accommodate ‘Landlords contents Insurance’. This is great if you provide, for instance, white goods or basic furniture which in the event of a total loss you would want repayment for. In this way, you can mitigate your risk as a property owner and this is another option we can incorporate for you.

Rent guarantee and Landlords legal expenses are another key area that a lot of providers forget to either advise on or can’t actually offer cover for. JustQuoteMe can offer both and, bear in mind, Rent Guarantee Insurance covers the Landlord for loss of rent subject to the tenant not paying the rent. This is known as an insured peril! If you have a large portfolio of property then this type of cover can prove to be invaluable. Finally, Landlords legal expenses covers you for legal disputes with Tenants etc. and assist both parties in, hopefully, coming to an amicable agreement.

Landlords and Property Owners Insurance cover can be a bit of a minefield but, with the right policy in place, you can rest easy with Just Quote Me!

To get a FREE no obligation Landlord Insurance quote go to our online Quote System or call us on 0800 084 2325.

Compare Cheap Landlord Insurance Quotes

Landlord Insurance

Are you a landlord and looking for insurance?

Then if you haven’t already, it’s a good idea to invest in landlords insurance.

There are so many benefits to protecting your property with landlords insurance and so it’s surprising that so many landlords are still without it.

When you rent out your property, you’re leaving it in the hands of your tenants. Leaving other people to look after your biggest asset can be worrying and landlords insurance can help to give you peace of mind that your property and its contents are covered.

Buy Cover Online Today

Just Quote Me is a leading UK insurance company that can help you to find the right policy to meet your needs. This established company has worked with hundreds of businesses over the past 28 years and its service has always been met with praise from its satisfied customers.

Just Quote Me believes that insurance should be tailored to a company’s needs in order for it to provide adequate protection when they need it most.

If you would like a FREE Landlord Insurance quote that’s tailored to your unique needs, call Just Quote Me on 0800 084 2325 or use our Quick Quote form.

Contents Insurance For Renters

Contents Insurance For Renters

Looking for Contents Insurance For Renters?


Click Here! Get A Quote Now!

When you sign a lease on a property, it’s essential that you sort out contents insurance for renters before you move into your new home, as this will give you all the cover you need for the possessions you have in the house.

You don’t need to worry about buildings insurance as this is your landlord’s responsibility but, although your landlord will have a contents insurance policy, this will only cover the items within the house that they themselves own and provide for you, such as carpets and furniture.


What are the Benefits of Contents Insurance For Renters?

The level of cover you secure as a tenant is up to you in terms of the extras you feel you need, but typically speaking this kind of policy will cover you for damage as a result of fires, vandalism, theft, riots, escape of water, subsidence, storms and explosions. Always check to see if you’re covered for accidental damage, as this isn’t always included as standard.

When deciding upon the amount of cover you think you’ll need, think about how much it will likely cost to replace items.


Find the Best Contents Insurance For You

It’s important to be as accurate as you can where this is concerned, as if you underestimate then you’ll find that you can’t make a claim if something happens. Common items insured by those renting a property include computer equipment, jewellery, bicycles and watches.

You can take steps to reduce the cost of your insurance by investing in home security measures to reduce the risk of theft, which will see insurers lowering your premiums, as well as paying annually and choosing a higher excess.


Get the Right Contents Insurance for Your Rental Circumstance

Here at Just Quote Me, we can help you compare all types of insurance policies so you can find the right kind of cover for you at the best price, using our state-of-the-art comparison engine.


Contact us to find out more about Contents Insurance For Renters:

Go online and Get a Quote or call us on 0800 084 2325

Small Business Insurance Quote

Small Business Insurance Quote

Are you looking for a Small Business Insurance Quote?

Just Quote Me is one of the UK’s fastest growing Small Business Insurance Providers.  We offer insurance for small businesses – anything from Shops, Offices to Landlords, Restaurants and the Motor Trade.  So if you are a small to medium business or SME – contact Just Quote Me to see how we can help.

You can receive a FREE no obligation quote by contacting us on 0800 084 2325 or by filling out our Online Quote System that quotes some of the best Business insurance prices available in today’s every changing insurance market., our online quotes cover all the specifics sections needed to ensure you have not only the best price but also the best cover for your exact business needs.

Our Online Quote System ensures you have not only the best price but also the best cover for your exact business needs.

How we can help with your small business insurance

Our team of highly trained staff will ensure that you are fully aware of not only the cover limits but also the warranties and clauses specific to your policy so that you know what you have to do to make sure the policy will pay out in the event of a claim.

Warranties and clauses can vary from policy to policy and occupation to occupation but a typical clause will be regarding minimum security to your premises such as five lever mortise dead locks, window locks for all accessible downstairs windows etc – theses are extremely important to know so that you can ensure you are meeting these requirement and then in turn your claim will be paid.

Get your small business insurance quote today

For expert small business insurance advice call Just Quote Me FREE  on 0800 084 2325 or by fill out our Online Quote System.

Landlords Insurance in the UK

Multiple Occupancy Insurance

There are approximately 497,000 Houses of Multiple Occupancy (or HMOs) across England and Wales, many owned by private landlords. Of course, there are benefits to owning an HMO, including increased rents across one property. However, there are risks too; more tenants could mean more damage to a property, for example. To protect themselves from these risks, landlords need good multiple occupancy insurance.

What Is A House Of Multiple Occupancy?

Not all landlords are clear on just what an HMO is. In general, an HMO is a property that is home to three or more unrelated tenants. This can include a house-share, bedsits or flats. There can be separate facilities in each flat or communal areas such as kitchens and bathrooms.

What Should Multiple Occupancy Insurance Include?

While some of the risks associated with any rental property are the same when it comes to HMOs, there are differences too. If, for example, there is a shared kitchen in a building converted to bedsits (versus letting people cook in their rooms), there is a lower risk of fire. In general, however, multiple occupancy insurance will cover:

  • The building itself including structural damage (either accidental or intentional).
  • Contents, which is especially important if the landlord provides white goods or furnishings; this includes accidental damage and theft.
  • Malicious damage, caused by tenants or others (visitors, for example).
  • Loss of rent, whether through rent arrears or a room/flat being unlet.
  • Liability against accidental injury to a tenant or visitor; this includes legal expenses.

Finding The Right Insurance For You

Multiple Occupancy insurance can be complicated. As a result, it isn’t always easy to find. This is where Just Quote Me comes in.  They’re experts in specialist insurance that helps landlords protect themselves and their property at a price that works for them. Click here to fill out the Quick Quote Form or call the team on 0800 084 2325 to find out more and get a free insurance quote today.

Compare Cheap Landlord Insurance Quotes

Building Owners Insurance

Whether you’re a private property owner or a landlord, you will likely need building owners insurance if you own any type of building. For those who own a building with a mortgage, this will no doubt be a requirement of your lender. The type of insurance you need, however, will vary. It will depend on the type of building you own, and whether you are the occupant or the landlord. Which is why it’s essential to make sure you choose the right cover for your needs.

What Does Building Owners Insurance Cover?

Building owners insurance will differ dependent on need and level of risk. It will also vary depending on whether you are insuring a commercial or residential property. In general, however, both will cover the loss of damage to a property due to:

  • Fire
  • Explosion
  • Severe weather such as storms, floods, and earthquakes
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Damage due to falling trees or vehicle collision
  • Subsidence

In addition, outer buildings such as garages and sheds, as well as fencing, may be covered.

Finding the Right Insurance for You

While some of what we’ve listed might seem unlikely to happen to your building, the fact that they’re included in an insurance policy means they probably have happened to someone at some point. Ignoring the need for insurance cover, then, could be costly. For landlords, it means their livelihoods are at risk. It’s important, therefore, to get the right insurance in place as quickly as possible.

To make sure this happens, contact Just Quote Me. Their highly trained team of insurance specialists will talk you through just what you need and get you the right policy at the right price. Fill out our Quick Quote Form or call our team on 0800 084 2325 to find out more and get a free insurance quote today.

Covid-19 Business Interruption Ruling

A new ruling by the Supreme Court will help thousands of business interruption insurance policyholders recover from the financial ramifications of the coronavirus pandemic and resulting closures. The ruling was issued on 15th January 2021. 
Find out more