Running a warehouse is no easy task. It takes dedication, hard work and a significant investment in both time and resources. Like with many businesses, an incident or accident could threaten your company, so insurance is vital. Because warehouses have their own unique risks and opportunities, specialist warehouse insurance cover is often required.
Warehouse insurance cover plays a vital role in protecting the business you have worked so hard for. Choosing warehouse insurance can be confusing, and getting the right type of insurance will mean you have the right coverage.
Types Of Warehouse Insurance Cover
When it comes to insuring a warehouse business, there are various cover options that need to be considered. The type of cover that you need will depend on your unique business. Some of the most popular options for warehouse cover include;
- Employer’s Liability Insurance: Most businesses have a legal requirement to have employer’s liability insurance in place because it protects their staff. This is not unique to warehouse insurance but is a must-have if your company has employees.
- Public Liability Insurance: If anyone who enters your warehouse believes they have suffered any kind of loss, injury or damage to property at your business, then public liability will protect you. This could include suppliers delivering their stock or a visitor who slipped on your warehouse floor.
- Contents Insurance: The contents of your warehouse are often the most important part of your business, and so need proper protection. Contents insurance will cover your stock from flood fire or vandalism.
- Buildings Insurance: Your buildings are essential for the operation of your warehouse and buildings insurance will cover you should anything happen.
- Transit Insurance: Some warehouse insurance policies include cover for your goods while in transit. This can protect them should anything happen, either with your own business or in transit by a courier.
- Equipment Breakdown Insurance: Warehouse machinery could become affected by mechanical or electrical breakdown. This cover can protect your business should this happen.
Are You Looking For Warehouse Insurance?
For more information on finding warehouse insurance cover from Just Quote Me, or to receive a fast, free quote, please fill out our Quick Quote Form.