If a business uses raw materials, parts or components to produce goods, it falls under the heading of manufacturing. This applies whether that business provides those goods in an artisan workshop operated by a sole trader or a factory employing hundreds of workers. And it applies whether those goods are clothes, computers or cars.
As a result, finding manufacturing insurance can be complicated. This is why it’s so important for businesses to get it right. If a business doesn’t get it right, they could find themselves having to cover the cost of lost or stolen goods, repairing or replacing machinery, or compensation claims.
Insurance for manufacturing plant policies
Businesses can buy a single, comprehensive, insurance policy or separate policies. When businesses combine policies they offer full cover for any eventuality. Regardless, insurance cover should include:
- Employers Liability for staff injured while at work.
- Public Liability for customers, visitors or members of the general public injured on the premise.
- Manufacturing or Product Liability if anyone suffers an injury due to their products.
- Building and Contents for the physical, bricks and mortar, building and equipment stored inside.
- Stock and Raw Materials, which aren’t covered by contents insurance.
- Plant and Machinery, which covers repair or replacement of machinery, which can be expensive.
- Business Continuity, which includes the costs of setting up an alternate location or of losses from customers taking their business elsewhere.
Buying insurance for manufacturing plant
Because there are so many different types of manufacturing businesses, it is necessary you choose the policies that work best for you. And the best way to do this is to work with an independent insurance broker such as Just Quote Me. Just Quote Me can find you the best policies at the best price. By taking the time to discuss your specific requirements and getting to know your business, Just Quote Me work hard to find the perfect policy for you. Contact them today on 0800 084 2325 for a free, no-obligation, manufacturing plant insurance quote.