Solar panels are a much more common sight today than ten years ago. They are used across the UK in commercial and domestic property environments as well as on solar farms, premises dedicated to generating electricity through solar energy. Massed together solar panels can produce huge amounts of electricity and store it effectively. However, if you run one of these businesses it still needs protecting and specialist solar farm insurance offers this protection for your development.
Solar energy has become a key renewable energy source on a global scale. The UK government has committed to generating up to 12% of all power in the country by renewable sources by 2020 and this will include solar as a key player. As the owner or facilitator of solar panels and solar farming premises, you could play a key role in this so keeping your business safe financially is of even higher priority.
What does Solar Farm Insurance cover?
Solar farm insurance is very specific to the individual arrangement and setup of your farm or business but as standard it may include:
- Breakdown cover – should there be a breakdown in your panels functioning. This may also incorporate replacement fees.
- Loss of revenue cover – this provides financial cover should you lose revenue or agreed tariff levels due to damage or theft of panels
- All Risks Cover – this overreaching type of insurance protects your assets against fire, storm, theft, malicious damage and accidental damage
- Public Liability Insurance: to protect your business should it cause damage or injury to a third party of their property
- Employers’ liability insurance: essential if you have any staff at all working for you business. It protects you against accidents or injuries to staff members.
Solar Farm Insurance for Varied Projects
As well as offering solar farm insurance, there are options to insure other solar developments include school and local authority projects, domestic developments and much more. As solar power becomes more mainstream, so do the options for protecting businesses involved in the sector.
Contact Just Quote Me today to discuss your solar farm insurance options.